Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The sucking vortex of evil(aka the library closet)

It isn't quite like the Borg, but I am revising my opinion that Resistance is futile.  It seems like there's more in there everytime I go to open it.

I found more YA books yesterday AFTER I finished the list.  Plus there's session stuff I can't reach.  Then there's the duplicate books that haven't been cataloged.  I'm searching the Perpustakaan (the current online catalog)for all of them and then checking the shelves to make sure they are actually here before adding a second copy.

I screwed my courage to the sticking place and actually opened a box that said it was 'history'.  It sorta was.  Lots of things on the schloss itself, some files of sessions, magazines and something that looked like PR materials. 
If I do it before the caffeine kicks in, I don't have time to be afraid.  Or very afraid.  So that's on the list for the end of the week.
I would like to do it tomorrow, but I have to actually clear a spot somewhere in the office before dragging it out of the vortex of ev--I mean closet.
And if you don't believe me "Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"


I'm being very literary today.  I've quoted Dickens, Shakespeare, Shelley, and Frost.  Not sure why.  It could be the fumes from the polish.

No comments: